Welcome to the Mexico Food Pantry. We serve men, women and children living in the Mexico Central School District. We are committed to helping those in need.
Poverty and hunger are always prevalent in our community, but in recent years we have seen the need in our community skyrocket. Working families in particular are increasingly finding themselves among the hungry. Many families are forced to lead a fragile existence, routinely facing difficult choices, such as whether to pay for food and rent, utilities or healthcare.
In 2017, the Food Bank of Central New York conducted a study to better understand who accessed emergency food agencies in its service area and why.
The Mexico Food Pantry offers a variety of foods. Click here for a menu of items.
- Among the thousands of people who depend on charitable food programs in Central New York:
- • 29 percent are children 18 or younger
- • 16 percent of households include an active member or veteran of the military
- • 43 percent of households have had to choose between paying for food or paying for day to day expenses (medicine/medical care, utilities, rent/mortgage or transportation/fuel)
- • 60 percent of households have an annual income below $18,000
The Mexico Food Pantry receives deliveries from the Food Bank of Central New York.